Wednesday, November 14, 2007

another daily

After I had the twins (May 2002) it was discovered at my annual check-up with my GP in June of 2003 that I had developed hypothyroidism. It's manageable, easily enough by taking one little pill a day, for the rest of my days. It was likely due to the pregnancy, but may have happened anyway. No biggie.

Then more recently it was determined, as Marla so gracefully put it, my uterus is an asshole. So, I am also now taking another daily pill for that. Not a forever pill, only about another "10 years is what you've got left" according to the doc, but then it could be replaced with one of those post-menopausal hormone replacement deals. Not ideal situation, but better than other options which include surgery.

Some of you may know, I also have rosacea. (please google it yourself, I couldn't decide which link to use) This started when I was in my 20's. It is also a forever condition, no cure, not all that manageable, need to use lots of useless creams, wear cover-up, foundation, whatever you wanna call it (and I HATE wearing make-up) so I don't freak people out. It is getting worse, in addition to the redness, the acne part of the deal is starting. At times when I have a reaction or a flare-up it can look like this:

So now the dermatologist has added, you guessed it, another daily pill to my regimen. AND he also prescribed more of the oh heavenly Diflucan cause the new meds may very well cause my persistent, annoying yeast condition to flare up. Again.

When I told my Dad I was getting old cause now I have to take 3 pills a day, he laughed in my face and replied, "I take 3 pills before breakfast!"

The WORST part of this new addition to my little growing pill family, is that I have to take it at bedtime on an empty stomach. NO eating 1-2 hours before taking it. Me...ME!!! He obviously doesn't know that the 10 PM bowl of trial mix, or peanut butter on soda crackers, or a big-ass bucket of popcorn is my fourth and most favourite meal of the day! I need to either have my snack earlier, or just delay my bedtime even later. OR, take advantage of it, stop eating after 8 PM and see if I actually lose a pound or two? And of course now it is 9:30 PM, I am HUNGRY, tired, and want to have my snack and go to bed. I guess I'll be going to bed LATE tonight.

10 Comments:

Blogger SRH said...

This is quite possibly one of the most brilliant posts I have ever seen

10:39 PM EST  
Blogger twinmomplusone said...

wait, let me clean off the coffee I spewed all over the monitor...OMG, that last picture of you is going to make me giggle all day :)

brilliant post, really, and yes I do feel for you for your health issues, but, should I go get you one of those weekly pill containers, ya know, in case you start forgetting ;)

hugs and thanks for the morning laugh

8:44 AM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

Forgetting? You think Nancy's getting old? LOL

Er, maybe...because you are taking three pills per day. Poor you.

That last pic made me laugh, and I needed it this morning. ;-)

10:11 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, what? You totally remind me of Felicity Huffman in that last picture. Er, um, what she must look like at 7am :~)

10:24 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy! Wow, that's not your best side. ;-)

Can you call the inventor of the self cleaning oven and see if she's invented a self cleaning body?

HUGS!
J

10:52 AM EST  
Blogger BeachMama said...

Oh my word that photo is hilarious!! Love your post.

12:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just the cream and curlers - it's the expression that says so clearly what you think about being hungry and tired!

Can't remember if I mentioned to you before - have you asked your dr. about a liver test because of the diflucan? Mine made it clear she won't be giving me any more because of my test results. :(

2:19 PM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

Damn Your Hide! I spewed Mint tea all over the screen. Nancy YOU HAVE NEVER Looked like that...ever! Too funny. Love the expression.

And 3 pills is nothing.
Huny you still rock my socks. ;)
Even in curls & cream

Hugs
Sharon

7:45 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Snackmommy.. Is that what she looked like two weeks ago when she slept with you???? ;)

8:50 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could even remember the "getting into bed" portion of the evening.

9:11 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home