Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How to make a five year old cry.

Tell him you are taking him to Disney World!!

He was so overcome with the emotion of the moment, his big blue eyes got all watery...and since both mine and his Daddy's eyes were already watery from the moment, we asked him if he was crying cause he was so happy. He disagreed, but then asked why he was crying? I guess he just doesn't understand the 'crying for happiness' emotion yet. He kept asking his Dad "For real? Really, for real?" and then he looked at me and asked, "Is it true?" I could hardly contain myself.

The other guy? He physically jumped up & down uninterrupted for 10 minutes. You know the one, the same kid who never sat down at the hockey game. I told him we didn't have to wear winter boots or coats and he asked,

"Is there snow there?"
"Nope!"
"Is there green grass there?"
"Yes! And palm trees!"
"Woo hoo! Then I am SO going outdoor swimming!"
then he asked "What's a palm tree?"

So tonight we played outdoor hockey in the snow, Thursday is sledding day with the school and Friday we will be swimming under palm trees. Wow!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Funny, one of the things I really have to work on is not tearing up in front of little kids, when I'm speaking to them. As you already said, they don't understand crying out of happiness.

I kind of teared up at your description of him tearing up. Man, the older I get....

9:45 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww.. I'm totally tearing up! I'm so excited for you guys. You will have a fantastic time and I'm so excited to hear all about it!

KarynB-can't remember my google pw!

1:49 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, forget tearing up with your kids, you're teaing up your loyal readers.

You better start typing your mental report on the plane home so we don't have to wait too long for the details!

9:06 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to make a 38 year old cry: read this post! Oh, I am just SO excited for you guys. Was telling Beloved about your trip last night and we agreed we are very jealous of, er, I mean, happy for you all!!

Palm trees -- ugh, I'm green as grass with envy!!

11:02 AM EST  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

OH How i want warm weather and green grass.

Have blast my friend.

Hugs

7:32 PM EST  
Blogger Marisa said...

Just got back myself...didn't see you there. ;-)

What a cute story. So much restraint, you two, for not spilling the beans until you did.

Hope you had fun and we'll have to swap stories.

11:03 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home