Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This summer my 6 year old son swam in his first ever swim meet, he did a few more, amassed a small ribbon collection along the way and qualified for the section finals where he had to compete against other boys as old as 9. He ended up last, got a ribbon that said 16th place, but was so happy cause "I don't have 'this' colour!"
Last night my son hit 3/3 in his baseball game, two hits were so amazing. He caught his first ever infield pop fly (but then dropped it). He was so proud, "that was my best game ever Mommy, and my coach gave me TWO popsicles!"
Today he read these words to me without hesitation : metropolis and ventriloquist. I am personally, very impressed.

This afternoon I was on the phone with our bank representative making some important inquiries and he yells loud enough for her to hear, "MOMEEEE! I JUST HAD A POO! CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK IF MY BUM IS CLEAN?"
The kid can play ball, swim, read and *almost* wipe his own bum.
Good times!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

So you DO have a blog.

Good time, indeed. :-)

10:15 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who are you and why are you blogging? What, doesn't this fit under a Facebook status update?

10:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah!

I remember those swim meets when I was a kid.

EVERYONE got a colored ribbon. I collected them and put them in a shoe box, will all my other stuff.

(I probably still have some, too!)

- Friar

11:34 PM EDT  
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Too funny; did the banker laugh, or play it cool?

Nice to see you back!

8:56 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laughing at Marla's comment*

Wow!!! Way to go!!! I'm hugely impressed by all those accomplishments (and hugely tired of washing the skidmarks out of underwear. Sigh.) What happened to your wee babies? (typed as I look wistfully at their toddler photos, still on my bookshelf.)

6:39 PM EDT  
Blogger Silver Creek Mom said...

LMAO! Wonderful accomplsihments. And We will have to celebrate when the young man to wipe himself.

Good times ahead.
Flicks tear

2:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! Mine is the same bum-wise. But wow - awesome accomplishments otherwise. And hey - I had given up on checking your blog - silly me!

10:22 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home